Thursday, June 24, 2010

dinner conversation with the girls

I took the girls to Pizza Hut last Friday after I picked them up from school. By the end of our one-hour dinner, I was sweating and scooting them out as fast as I could before someone nearby strangled one or all of us. :) The dinner conversation went something like this:

"Please use your indoor voice so we don't disturb the other visitors. No, you can't have that. Whoa----Don't touch!! Spicy!! So, what di-----aaaahh---Please don't lick the salt shaker. What did you do at school todaaa---Ew, ew, ew, don't touch that! Please take your shoe out of your mouth, Nata----Sam!!! Sam!!! Please put that down. Stop licking the window please! Shhh... we need to be a little quieterrrrrr----- No, no no......don't pat the lady's head sitting behind you. Sit down please. Do you want to leave without eating our pizza? No stompi---SAM! No stomping! Switch me seats. Don't worry, I'll get you a new fork.......

....Keep your straw in your cup please. No, no, no....please sit down. Please wipe your hands before you touch thaaa.... What?! How did you get your FINGER stuck in the straw hole? Okay, it's okay. Let me help. Yes, you can have another piece. I will get it for you. Please be patient. Please just wait a minute while I cut Natalie's piece! Okay. Here's your piece, Saaaa----Natalie! Pleeeeeaaasse don't pick up other people's old food from the floor and eat it! Ewwwwwww! Okay, let's go. Come on. Right now. Let's go. RIGHT NOW. Do you need to stand in the corner? Okay. Out to the car we go...... Wasn't that a fun dinner, girls?"

My Girls + Pizza + Me = Happy. But next time, I'm getting carryout. :)

1 comment:

Mama J said...

Cracking up reading that blog! I can totally see the whole scene happening :) And I can probably say that I've had a similiar situation and wish I had a tape recorder to play it back! ha ha!
Cooper and I love pizza too, hopefully someday we can all go together! Love you! xoxo