Thursday, July 1, 2010

photographing our girls

I take unedited point-n-shoot and phone photos of our girls all the time just to document our lives together. But we don't take many professional photos of them. We really need to do a better job of scheduling time to do that. I'm positive one day I will look back and be sad I did not capture more photos of them professionally. Alas, the shoemakers kids have no shoes.

I'm totally convinced our girls will both follow in our shoes and be photographers (although I will certainly encourage them to do whatever it is on earth they want to do!)..... Dan and I like being on the other side of the camera because we don't like having photos of ourselves taken. (Okay, that's not the only reason, but...) Our girls are the same way. You point a camera and they go from sweet obedient angels to screaming, pouting, whining, crying, defiant crazies running in the opposite direction! No kidding. It's a little bizarre, and just doesn't make scheduling their photos sessions ever very appealing.

So... we took the girls out recently and to nobody's surprise, they went nuts. Worst clients ever! (That's supposed to be funny - you can laugh!) After a very short time we gave up, annoyed, and were on our way, empty handed. Or so I thought. Until Dan surprised me with this:



This was the photo that, in the middle of both of them crying and whining about the bugs around them, I, extremely frustrated, ran up behind Dan who was holding the camera, screamed an obnoxious roar, and pretended to karate chop him in the head. That was it. We got it. A burst of laughter. And this photo. Which will be proudly displayed in our house as a canvas gallery wrap soon.

Hey, you do what ya gotta do for the photo. Thank you Dan for capturing it. I love it, and I love you! You're amazing! To my surprise and delight, Dan also captured these:







Thank goodness for photos. Capturing my little ones in the most precious moments that go by so quickly. And thank goodness for karate chops.

No comments: