Sunday, June 8, 2008

1965 "new" beetle



My dad has been on a quest to find an antique Volkswagen Beetle, similar to the one he and my mom used to drive when they were dating. Over the last few weeks he's looked at several and finally had his dream "bug" delivered to Indianapolis tonight. In 1969 my parents drove a green VW Beetle and say they used to sit on the dented trunk with a candle on the top of the car to light their late night conversations while dating. How cute is that?!

So....this "new" Beetle is a 1965 restored car, complete with the engine in the back, "trunk space" (yeah right) in the front, gas cap in the hood, and a LITTLE bit of space to sit inside and drive around! :) It's SO CUTE!!! It's stick shift, so Dan and I will not be driving it anytime soon...but I'm hoping my parents will enjoy it as much as they did 39 years ago. I think we'll get them a new candle as a car-warming gift...

Congratulations, mom and dad!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some strange reason I haven't aged as gracefully as the VW Bug. Oh well! Next long-term goal is for Renee and me to drive the Bug to Cincy for my 50th High School reunion (May, 2013).