Wednesday, June 25, 2008

note from my dad

I think my dad is the greatest supporter of my family, life, and career and I wanted to share the sweet email that he sent to me a few days ago with you...

I love you dad! Thanks for always being our #1 fan!

- - -

Now that I have nothing better to do than ponder the universe, I wanted to let you know how happy I am when I take a few minutes to visit your blogs and websites and everything else creative in your life.

I am voting for the photograph as the best invention that mankind has ever created. Better than the computer, penicillin, nuclear energy or any thing yet to be invented.

When I look at those two dimension snippets of time, the images seem to unfold into all the emotions; love and joy, laughter, sadness and melancholy. Photographs are my personal passport to visiting the past. When we look at our pictures of you and Jordy from babies to adults, it is as rewarding as the day they were taken. When we are old(er), we will surround ourselves with photographs and they will give comfort and meaning to our lives.

I vote for the photograph as being the most relevant and important invention of mankind, and you have chosen a great profession.

Congratulations!

Love,

Pops

No comments: