Saturday, March 21, 2009

big head

I have a very big head right now. But not the arrogant kind of "big head".... the kind of head that has been stuffed with so much information over two days that I feel like it might just explode at any minute!!! (And we have two more days to go!)

Dan and I drove through six states in 12 hours on Thursday to get to Virginia for a photographers' financial software class.

A smile before ticket #1 for speeding in Indiana... #2 was for going through a yellowish-red light in Virginia...grr!
About 8 hours in, I jumped in the back seat to watch a movie...
3 hours to go... many coffee breaks!
We are transferring all of our books over to this new financial software, and it does so much more than I ever imagined it could that I think we need to come back every year to learn more! 

So I'd just like to say thanks...

Thanks to my amazing husband of 5 years for sharing this experience with me.

Thanks to this seminar and the people teaching it to allow us to grow our business.

Thanks to the great photographers we've met for sharing their businesses and lives with us here.

Thanks to Dan's parents for taking our two daughters, one of which isn't even sleeping through the night, so we can be here.

Thanks to my parents for taking care of our house, our studio, and our dogs so we can be here.

And thanks to God for giving us this amazing life! 

Here are a few photos of the girls last week (as I am looking through them anyway because I already miss them!) Don't get me wrong though... I am savoring EVERY minute of uninterrupted sleep this week!!!!! :)

Reece and Sammi playing at the park-
A cat came by to say hello.
Sammi likes to lean way back when swinging!
She is such a big girl!
At the studio one day, admiring the "beautiful princess" in the mirror!
Still loves to jump!
Making daddy laugh, as usual!
Jessie came in from Texas for a visit! See Cooper's photos on our professional blog by clicking HERE.
Playing "chase you" before leaving work one night, Samantha's FAVORITE game!
Good thing we have a nice big camera room to run!
"Come get me daddy!"


The night before we left Reece knocked on our door and Joe and Lisa asked if Sam could come out and play while we packed and got ready for our trip. Then, our next door neighbors came over and asked if they could walk our dogs for us because it was so nice out! We definitely have the Best. Neighbors. Ever. 
Best buds. :)
"Uncle Joe" teaching Sam how to pedal. 
We'll be home Wednesday with more photos to share! Now off to bed before another day of stuffing my head tomorrow!!!

Love & hugs!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! that picture of reece and Sam on the tricycle is SO ADORABLE! I love that they're such good friends =)

Mommy Lisa said...

I am excited that you are learning so much. Please be patient on your way home - any more tickets and you will be in defensive driving!!! No fun, trust me! hee hee.... :) And thanks for the pictures - I LOVE the picture of Reece and Sam on the tricycle!