Sunday, May 17, 2009

monkey joe's with krystal

I'm a bit behind on blogging lately! Krystal just emailed me these photos of her trip to Monkey Joe's with the girls last Thursday, so I thought I would take a minute to post them, even though I haven't even gotten to Mother's Day photos yet! :) Krystal took her nieces last Thursday to spend some time with them (and also give us another work day---I LOVE my sister-in-law so much!) She took them to Monkey Joe's for bouncing, playing, running, and pizza!!!



The girls ALWAYS have fun with Aunt Krystal & I am so grateful that Krystal always makes us feel like she loves being with the girls. She never reminds us how much work it is, even though we know that it is!!! It means so much to us!!!!! (And thank you, Steve and Krystal for taking them again last night so that we could see comedian Jim Gaffigan... the funniest comic EVER!)

In other news, the girls are great. Samantha is growing taller and taller, just like I did so young. (I was about a foot taller than everyone in my 5th grade class and then I stopped and everyone passed me up.) Even her 2T pants are all too wide but getting too short. She had fun making her grandmothers & mom gifts for Mother's Day. It won't be too long before she is moving up a class again at school. Time is flying.

Miss Natalie is doing great! She rolled over for the first time last week, and has enjoyed doing it ever since! She only rolls belly to back, and only when her momentum takes her, but it's an excellent start considering she HATES being on her back or belly due to her reflux! (She doesn't get much tummy time.) She has been smiling for a long time, but the first I have ever heard her really laugh was last night. Dan was making funny sounds and faces at her and then would "attack" her belly with kisses and rasberries and she was laughing hysterically! It was the cutest thing I've seen her do yet!

Her reflux is off and on better and worse. Around 7:00 every night she screams and cries until you put her to bed. The problem is, if you put her to bed right away, she's up at 3am. If you let her cry and fuss (even though it's just about unbearable for all of us) until around 9:30, she will usually sleep in for us. What to do... what to do...... the joys of parenting and making all those tough decisions! :)

More to come soon on Mother's Day and a busy weekend! Love to you all!!!

No comments: