Sunday, September 26, 2010

a spoon full of sugar

My mom took Sam and me to see the musical Mary Poppins this week and it was a blast. Mary Poppins was a favorite movie of mine and it was very sweet to get to go with mom and Samantha to see the musical together!

The morning of the musical I was cleaning and washing dishes, and headed upstairs with just enough time to get us all ready. As I reached the top of the stairs I heard the hair dryer running (?????). I ran to my bathroom to see Sammi, who was sooooo excited to see Mary Poppins that she got "dressed up" and had painted her toenails to look pretty for the occasion. She was trying to dry them before she did her other foot. I was simultaneously filled with laughter and panic, as she had inadvertently painted the floor, my stool, and the counter too!

Sammi innocently "getting ready" for the show!

We made the show in plenty of time and our seats were fantastic!!! Thanks, mom!!!! All of these photos are taken with my phone, which I'm not thrilled with even on a phone-photo level, but oh well... it was the best I could do in the theatre!

Patiently awaiting the show...

Mommy and Sammi:

Grandma & Sammi:

Looking through the playbill... She really wanted to wear her (huge) ring! Love it!

These are some photos from the advertisements... It was an awesome show with an unbelievable amount of talent!!!

The two children in the musical were absolutely fabulous. I could not believe their amazing voices as well as their acting and dancing!

While we were enjoying the show, my dad took Dan and Natalie out to eat lunch and then Dan worked while Natalie spent the afternoon with her grandpa. I wasn't too sure how Sammi would do in the show considering that it was exactly during her usual nap time. I got a little worried when she started asking me if I would take her home to take a nap to her own room during the first act! But, she sat on my lap, mostly watched as they sang, danced, climbed on the ceiling of the stage, and more... The poor girl was so tired, but she did a really good job and I'm really proud of her! It was great fun taking her to a real show. I can't thank my mom enough!!!

After the show (and a quick nap in the car), we met the boys and Natalie out for dinner at Houlihans, which was such a treat!!!

Thanks again, mom and dad!!!!
The day was simply, SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALADOCIOUS!

No comments: