Tuesday, July 22, 2008

14 week update


We finally took our "12 week photo" and I'm only 14 weeks along! :) Things have been super busy here but I did want to post a quick note on BB2 (Baby Brand #2). This week he or she is the size of a lemon, and although I've always heard you can't feel the baby that early....and I was about 23 weeks when I started feeling Sammi, I SWEAR I've felt a few flutters in there! It's a different feeling than anything else...I just feel like he/she just bumps up against me every once in a while. Who knows! :)

Most of the talk right now is the girl vs boy discussion. We haven't even thought about where the baby will sleep, furniture, all that stuff.....that's much later. So, girl or boy...I change my mind all the time. I've been super sick (girl), the heartbeat is high (girl), the Chinese Lunar Calendar says girl...but, several people have had feelings we are having a boy (including Dan lately). I'm carrying low (boy), and my wedding ring on a string moves back and forth instead of in a circle (boy). Ha ha...I feel super silly writing all these wives tales down but I have to admit I'm a little obsessed with them!

A lady at church last Sunday who I'd never met walked up to me and said "I think you're having a boy". I truly have no idea...I feel large enough to be having twins :), but if I HAD to guess right this second I'd probably guess another girl. AND---most importantly, I really don't care!!! I really REALLY wanted a boy the first time and I've learned that God knows much better what I want in life than what I think I want, so I completely trust Him!!!! :) :) :) I wouldn't trade my little Sammi for any little boy in the world!!!!! So, I don't care. (And I should mention that Dan feels the same way!)

My sickness has gotten so much better just over the last week. I still have to eat about every 2 hours or I start feeling super sick, but I don't seem to be getting sick through the entire day anymore.

I'm really tired and the weddings especially take 100% of my energy and make me really sore and achy, but I'm still having a blast doing them and am hoping they will keep me in pretty good shape. I went into this pregnancy pretty weak from having mono, so I am hoping I can gradually build my strength as I continue to feel better in trimester 2. :)

My next appointment will be pretty boring, but it is next Tuesday. The appointment after that one should be the one we find out the gender!!! About 5 weeks from now. Exciting! Until then, I'm interested to read your opinion in our little survey (to the right...) :) Love & hugs!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Are you sure you are not carrying twins? That would explain why you are much more tired and much more sick with this pregnancy and it looks like you have already popped (although that could be because it is your second pregnancy) Twins, boy or girl, it would all be exciting. All I can say about boys is they have a lot more places where the poop gets trapped!!!

Jennifer, Eric, Isaiah, and Noah Heuer said...

Brooke, you look awesome! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!