Tuesday, July 8, 2008

we're having another baby!!!

We are thrilled to announce that we are going to have baby #2 in January 2009! We like to keep things busy and interesting, and we just didn't think the new studio was exciting enough (please read that line with humorous sarcasm) so we decided to throw a baby in the mix too!

The official due date is January 17. Sammi's birthday is January 8, so they will be almost exactly two years apart. In late August we will find out the gender of the baby, but we're keeping the name a surprise until he/she is born! (Not that we have any picked out yet...but no telling once we do!)

I am officially 12 weeks and have been so much sicker with this one than I ever was with Sam! In fact, this pregnancy has been much different so far. That doesn't mean I think I'm having a boy....I have NO IDEA and I'm usually wrong when I guess anyway! With Sammi I never felt great in the first 12 weeks, but I never actually got sick. This time---well, I lost count of the number of times I have thrown up a long time ago. I imagine the next few weeks will get better and I'll be feeling 100% soon!

With Sam I always craved anything sweet. Especially dessert. Specifically dessert made with peanut butter. This time it's all salt...pickles and chips and hummus and pretzels and feta cheese....yum! There are things I felt with Sam that I haven't experienced yet, but I don't remember when in the pregnancy I felt them (it's amazing how soon you forget everything!)

I don't have photos of my belly yet, but we will and I will reluctantly share them. :) I feel like a whale this time....I've been too sick to work out but I did manage to get up and do a power walk this morning. I've already gained 6 pounds and my stomach won't fit into reg clothes anymore.

We heard the heartbeat for the first time at my 10.5 week appointment. After about 10 stressful minutes of looking for a heartbeat without luck, the doctor found it beating strong at 170. Yea! We'll be sure to keep you updated on everything as we go along. If there aren't any complications (prayers are appreciated) we should only have one ultrasound around 18 weeks. :) Otherwise, I'll fill you in on all of my aches and pains as we go! :) And of course, the joy! :)

Samantha has no idea what it means when we tell her she'll be a big sister yet, and she especially gets confused when I tell her there is a baby in my belly. She lifts up her shirt, looks at her belly, and then gives me a perplexed look. I imagine a lot will change over the next 6 months though.

More updates coming soon....although I can't imagine we'll have any more exciting than this one for a while! :) All our love and best wishes to you all!

No comments: