Sunday, October 5, 2008

halloween party with "gama and papa"

Dan's parents went to Japan earlier this year and stopped in Hawaii on their way home. They brought this adorable hula girl outfit back for Sammi and we thought it would be the best Halloween outfit (except that it's a little cold!) But.....my parents had a Halloween party for grandchildren at their neighborhood over the weekend and it was warm enough to send Sammi in this outfit! 
We tried on the whole outfit at home Friday to make sure it all worked. Sammi loved doing a hula dance in her grass skirt! Then we  took it off to save it for Saturday. Sammi loves her swing soooo much....I'm wondering if she'll be willing to share it with her little sister in January! :) She'll have to learn! It's such a baby swing; I'm sure she's way too heavy for it but she climbs all over it and sort of does gymnastics-like moves on it!
We had a wedding yesterday and my parents wanted to take Sam to the Halloween party, so they offered to take her for the whole day and overnight for us. (Thanks, mom and dad!!!!) When she woke up from her nap, she wasn't totally excited about getting into her costume again. 
But, once she woke up a little and got to the clubhouse, she put on all of her flowers and dressed up (except for the grass skirt....she wasn't having anything to do with it!)
She did leaf rubbings...
And hung out with grandpa...
And hung out with grandma...
And colored...
And made friends with Kendall, who she danced with after dinner!
She had such a good time that she didn't want to come home with me this morning! We are heading back to my parents' house today for a birthday celebration for my brother (9/30), my dad (10/1) and me (10/11). I have to go get ready because we just realized that we, as Brighthouse customers, no longer get Colts' games, so we're going early to watch the game at my parents' house because they have satellite!  (What is the deal with that?! We need to get that figured out ASAP!) :) GO COLTS!

Have a great Sunday! Love & hugs!

No comments: