Thursday, October 30, 2008

children's museum halloween

My sister-in-law, Krystal, invited Sammi and me to come with her and her friend's kiddo, Lena, to the Children's Museum Tuesday evening for a halloween event. She was going to take Lena anyway and offered to take Sam (without me) so that we could have more time to work and pack, but I decided at the last minute that I was having a pretty good day as far as feeling well and getting work done, so I went too. :) 

I am so thankful Krystal is in my life. She is so giving, so caring, so good with kids, and one of the most understanding people ever. Without me ever asking she carried Sam all over the museum so that I wouldn't have to carry the extra weight. Sammi LOVES her Aunt Krystal so she's always happy to be with her!!! 
Our first adventure was the haunted house, where we saw ghosts and mummies and goblins and more! We also got a bag that we filled with treats as we went through! (We went during "friendly hours".) As long as Sam was carried she didn't seem to mind the spookiness. 
Our next stop was to the Witches' Feast, where we got to meet lots of witches with different colored hair while we ate dinner. Sammi gave this witch a high five, but I missed it in the photo. Some photographer I am! :)
I cannot believe---and I mean really cannot believe how much spaghetti Sam ate! She LOVED it!!! Seems like a messy thing to serve kids (probably why she doesn't get it at our house often) but it sure was a hit!
This witch did magic tricks for the kids! Lena loved this part, and Sam joined in when they all started jumping to try to reach the witch's hat. 
Sam is showing me one of the numerous goodie bags she got that night! 
I know it's really hard to see in this photo, but our last stop was to the theatre to see a halloween play. I was so impressed with how much Sammi watched and sat through it. She especially loved all of the singing and music, and she did all the hand motions when they prompted the audience to join in! This is her "starting the choo choo train". You can barely see the actors down on stage below. 
Thanks so much, Krystal, for taking us to Halloween at the Children's Museum! We loved it, and we always love seeing you!!!

A random but special thanks also to my awesome husband who is the most patient and wonderful person ever! I am writing this blog entry from the couch, laying on one side, typing with one hand because my right side of my stomach has been cramping up this evening (in a really weird way but I think everything is fine as of now---I could barely walk through Target tonight when I stopped to buy a last minute addition to Sam's Halloween costume) and shocker for those who talk to me often----I feel terrible! So, once again, even though he worked all day, has a million more things to do tonight for work and probably won't see the bed until 2am, and has a cold coming on, Dan is downstairs taking care of Sammi and cooking homemade taco pizza for us while I lay on the couch being very unhelpful! 

I LOVE YOU DAN!!! ONLY 11 WEEKS UNTIL THIS BABY IS BORN AND I CAN [HOPEFULLY] START BEING A BETTER WIFE/MOMMY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love, love, love you!!!!

No comments: