Monday, November 24, 2008

happy thanksgiving week

Happy Turkey Week! (Sammi made that turkey at school as one of her many art projects!) We are so thankful for all of the friends and family we have in our life and this weekend we started our Thanksgiving week by seeing several of them! 

I was supposed to head to Dayton on Friday evening but due to Sammi's ear infection I stayed home to help with her and instead headed to Ohio on Saturday morning. My cousin, Heather, is having a baby girl due January 13 and she had a shower in Columbus on Saturday afternoon. Instead of making the entire 3.5 hour trip, I stopped at my dear friend Sarah's to stretch my legs for a couple of hours! 
Then it was on to Heather's shower! She is due 4 days before me and look how huge I am compared to her! I just get BIG BELLIES with my babies! I really don't mind though! 
After Heather's shower I went back to Dayton to hang out with Sarah and her awesome new husband, Josh all evening. Sarah and I have been the best of friends since second grade, so I always looooove getting to see her! We hope to do it often now that we are only a couple of hours apart! Sarah and Josh are both teachers....note the pile of papers to be graded! :)
Thanks for making an awesome dinner for us, Sarah! It was soooooo nice to just relax in a quiet house----eat dinner by the fireplace (the real kind with burning wood that smells awesome), watch football, and catch up with old friends. Thank you SO MUCH, Josh and Sarah, for having me as your overnight guest!
On Sunday morning my mom's entire family got together at my cousin Erika's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Would you believe that it was so busy and chaotic (not in a bad way) that I totally forgot to get out my camera until after the entire meal had been cooked and eaten! Oops! Here's a random photo of a few of the family members! 
And my sister in law (Jordie's wife) pushing the dog around in the stroller. :) How funny!
Samantha had the equivalent of a new toy store at Erika's house & she had a ball!!!!!
Before heading home we had to take advantage of IKEA being in the area and picked up just a few more pieces of furniture for the studio. (Yes, the cart in front of AND behind Dan are both ours!)
Thanks to all of our friends and family for hosting us this weekend!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

No comments: