Sunday, November 2, 2008

29 week update

On one hand, I can't believe we ONLY have 11 weeks to go! On the other hand.....ugh......3 entire more months to go?!?! SLS is growing like a weed!!! Well, my belly is growing like a weed at least! I only had the one ultrasound so I really won't have any more information about how she's growing until she's born. Even though the first ultrasound looked great, we still are praying that everything is developing well and that we will have a healthy baby in January. (You'd think you'd be more laid back with the second...I do think we're busier so we don't have as much time to worry, but it doesn't mean we worry less!)

I thought it would be fun to compare my belly with Sammi with this pregnancy. I found a 27.5 week update photo of Sammi and put it next to this 29 week update with SLS...

News on SLS...this baby is ACTIVE. I have been able to feel her moving since about 14 weeks (just flutters then) and her movements are so strong these days! I remember Sam moving like this at the very end of the pregnancy, but not nearly as early. My stomach actually jumps around and it is visible from the outside of my clothes!!! Hilarious! I told Dan that I always thought those photos of a pregnant belly with an actual hand or footprint sticking out had to be fake....but I wouldn't be surprised if this crazy baby is able to push out of my skin that far soon!!!! :)

I feel soooo blessed to not be having any major medical problems and I remind myself of that daily, but I am excited for this baby to be born and to not be pregnant anymore! (At least for now....a third will definitely depend on #2!) I pretty much always feel at least one of the following at any given moment: nauseous, dizzy, shaky, achy, crampy, or my back hurts terribly. I am thrilled to report that I made it through our wedding yesterday and I am doing great today!

My gall bladder has had more good days than bad, which is awesome. My heartburn and leg cramps were terrible with Sammi and they aren't NEARLY as bad with this one! It's strange how different every pregnancy is.

I knew I wasn't sleeping enough so I started making myself get into bed earlier a couple of weeks ago, but I've had many nights of waking up at 3-4am and not being able to get back to sleep. I do think that I am 1000 times busier and more stressed (not even in a bad way) than the last pregnancy, and I'm sure that has played a major role in how I've been feeling. The chiropractor helps too but it would help much more if I could get in more often.

My doctor appointments are every two weeks now! I took my glucose test at my last appointment and all of the tests came back great. Time is sort of flying now. We will have Thanksgiving......then Christmas......then Sammi's 2nd birthday party......then a new baby girl to bring home!!! Or, maybe she will be early? Or maybe she'll be late like Sammi? We'll just see! :)

We are delivering at Clarian North again but we'll only be staying 24 hours this time if everyone is healthy. Of COURSE we'll stay longer if we need to, but our health insurance does not include any maternity coverage so our doctors and hospital are working with us to keep our bills as reasonable as possible, which is so nice. They are so understanding and have had us on a payment plan since we knew we were pregnant to pay for the visits and delivery. I am starting to think.....hmmm.....adoption is about the same price and no more pregnancies! :) (I was adopted so I am a huge fan anyway!) We'll just see what the future brings.......

I feel extremely blessed and do not take for granted this opportunity I have been given to become a mother of two beautiful perfect little girls. The aches and pains are so minor to the trade off. I can't wait to meet SLS! :) :) :) :) :) (Oh, and we have a name picked out! A first name anyway....we need to start opening our baby name books to come up with a middle name, as we currently have nothing picked for that! How fun! I am just hoping that I don't slip!!!!!!!)

1 comment:

Jennifer, Eric, Isaiah, and Noah Heuer said...

You look so great, Brooke! Glad to hear everything is going well and you are feeling GOOD!!!