Saturday, January 3, 2009

38 week update

Welcome to my 38 week update! Since I found out that my prescription prenatal vitamins were making me sick and I stopped taking them, I have really had a good pregnancy! My gall bladder hasn't been affected nearly as much as with Sam. Considering that I am so much busier this time chasing a toddler and working weddings up until 37 weeks...I think I've done pretty well getting around. However, I will follow with this story that sums up how I've been feeling this week...

The other day Dan walked into our closet to find me on the floor doing a crazy yoga-ish move and we had this conversation...
D-  "What in the world are you doing?" (As he immediately came to my aid to help me up)
B- "Trying to stand up!"
D- "Well what were you doing on the floor?"
B- "Trying to put my shoes on but I gave up. I can't reach my feet anymore."

I am HUGE and it is sooo hard to bend over! I dropped my watch as I was putting it on yesterday and after staring at it laying on the floor for a few seconds, decided to leave it there and walk away. Definitely too much work to bend down to get it! :) So for all of you who keep telling me I look much smaller this time than with Sam, THANK YOU! BUT----as you can see in this photo, I am actually sticking out much further! :) 
Okay, so I know that this is 35 weeks vs 38 (somewhere I have a 40 week photo but can't find it tonight), but I truly think I am carrying so much further out front which makes it hard to get around! I'm constantly bumping into things which is pretty funny. 

Today we had Sammi's 2-year birthday party (post to come soon) and we had a blast! It was truly THE LAST "event" that was planned prior to SLS coming and now that it's over, it's weird to only have normal studio work to do and no other holiday events to get through before SLS comes! We do have the baby room ready but we have a few things I'd love to get done before she comes (car seat bases in, our laundry folded and put away--we have a lot that's piled up, and a few other random things.) Mostly though, we are really ready and every night I go to bed wondering...could this be the night? :) :)

One of my doctors told me that statistics say that each child you have is larger and comes earlier. However, his wife was just the opposite and everyone is different! On Tuesday I went to my 37 week appointment and I was 0 cm dilated and 50% effaced...whatever that means in terms of labor coming sooner or later. I've decided there is just absolutely no way to predict until it happens. With Sam I was 0 cm dilated when I went into full-force labor and it took 12 hours to get to 4cm before they admitted me! I'm hoping this one goes a little faster! :)

I am also not sleeping well at all. It's to be expected because I have been feeling so uncomfortable, and it's still a lot more rest than I'll be getting once SLS is born. It's funny to me that you stop sleeping much the last few weeks because your body is preparing to be up every night with the baby. This makes absolutely no sense to me. If you are about to go into a period that you will not be sleeping, wouldn't you be sleeping as much as possible before that time comes???  :) Oh well! It's all a short time to be uncomfortable and sleep-deprived in the grand picture of life with beautiful children!!!!! :) :) :) 

Otherwise, everything is great and we are just happy and waiting! Now that our "events" are over, we're going to try to sleep and relax as much as possible before we are up every night with a new little one! Maybe Dan and I will even try to squeeze in a date night or day. We haven't done that in a long time. :)

We can't wait to share the news soon! Love to you all!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mama J said...

Look at that belly! Soo cute! You look awesome! All belly going on there! Can't wait to hear! xoxo

Jackie said...

Brooke you look amazing!!! Nothing but belly!! I cannot believe how far that belly sticks straight out - - I could only imagine how hard it must be to get around and bend over! Are you sure it is not twins? ha ha!!