Wednesday, January 7, 2009

sammi's big girl room

Sammi's been sleeping in her big girl bed for several weeks now, but her room hasn't actually been done until tonight...and we are so excited!

The only thing we bought for the room was this Ikea dresser (thanks for picking it up, Steve & Krystal!), which we really needed for her folded clothes and blankets. Everything else we had laying around or packed in a closet somewhere! The chair was courtesy of my parents---thanks, mom and dad! Her bed is so bare but we had to strip it for her safety! :) It's usually piled with many blankets when she crawls in at night...and of course, all of her stuffed animals. 

We moved the items from her old shelves to her new ones and changed them around a bit. The end tables stayed in this room from when it was our guest room. The side tables were built by my grandpa, who passed away several years ago so they are super special to me. I'm a little nervous about having them in Sam's room (what are the chances they'll get beat up???) If we find something else we might switch them. :) I'm all about having cheap things kids can actually play with in their rooms!
Oh, and we did buy this awesome wall decal at Target yesterday...I love it!!!
Another photo of one of her shelves...we should probably change out the photos from my baby shower when I was pregnant with her to some updated ones! :)

These items are all "new" to Sammi....including the hand-painted door hanger from Sarah B---thanks, Sarah!
And her closet...we keep the kids' rooms pretty clean; I'm not sure why our own room always gets so cluttered!!! :)
We'll post photos from her party soon! We took them with the real camera...which means editing them, and that is not our top priority with studio work and the baby coming soon....but they are so important to us and we'll get to them soon, I promise!!! :)

No comments: