Thursday, January 8, 2009

the baby room & doc update

If you've ever seen Sammi's first room, then you've already seen the baby's room! :) But, I figured this poor little girl is getting no new things, she should at least have her own post about her room too! :) 

The changing station is...well, the same! Except now there are diapers that look like they'd barely fit over my cell phone in the basket! Hard to believe Sam was once that small!
It was fun putting the crib back together---meaning, raising the mattress and putting the bedding back in. It made her upcoming arrival seem very real! I still need to switch some of the photos on her shelves. I did one of the frames with scrapbook paper and quotes and it turned out really cute! (It's in the first photo on the other shelf.)
Her closet is almost done. All of Sam's clothes (yes, she gets ALL hand me downs of everything!) have been washed and hung or put away in an organized way by size and type. If only I could keep my own closet so neat. :) I have new baskets for the shelves but the liners are being washed as we speak. That will clean it right up!
We are SOOOO lucky to be having a baby of the same gender and same time of year so that we can reuse all of the wonderful things we were given or bought for Sam. They grow out of things so fast and I'm so glad we get to use everything again. 

I had a doctor's appointment this week and the doctor felt the baby and said "Ohhhh....Your'e gonna have a bigger baby this time than your last!!!" I kick myself for not asking "How big?! How big!?" So....hopefully the baby will fit in all these clothes! :) :) :) I guess we will see very soon!!! 

At my appointment her heartbeat was 150. She is head down and still very active. I am still 50% effaced and still 0 CM DILATED!!!! That was not actually that surprising to me because I was also 0 cm when I went into labor with Sam 4 days late. However, the doctor said that it's not very common to have a second baby after your due date and he seemed very surprised I was not dilated at all yet. He also said that it didn't mean I couldn't go into labor suddenly any day...but also could be one of those rare people who have a second baby late!

I was hoping to have a head start on that this time so that my labor would be shorter---and the night before my appointment I had two hours of what turned out to be false labor (started just the same as Sam's but then went away instead of progressing). I guess I was a little surprised to not really have things going yet, but I'm not too worried about it yet. :) At least at this point in the evening I can say that it is extremely unlikely (impossible?) our daughters will have the same birthday! :) My next appointment is Wednesday---I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Mama J said...

Ohhhhh you are getting so close :) Can't wait to hear SLS's name! The rooms look great!

Jen said...

Awwww. . .I love the nursery!! Your house is gorgeous!!
:)
How exciting there will be a little baby sleeping there and little diapers to change in no time!