Friday, April 3, 2009

dan + knife = BAD

My adorable husband is still at the studio as I type this (11:30 pm) installing a laminate floor in our storage room. He's there late because he had a little issue with the blade as he was cutting a square! I swear.....this is like the 4th time in his life of almost cutting off a finger!!!!!! SERIOUSLY......YOU NEED FINGERS TO TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS!!!!!!

This is the blade that slipped and sliced right through his finger. He walked into my office very calmly, holding onto his finger in paper towels and said "well, I think I may need to get stitches." He was a lot more calm than me when I saw it!!!
He went to Urgent Care where they told him that the cut was so clean that he did not need stitches, but more of a cast-thing that they put on him. They cleaned it (ouch!), gave him a tetanus shot (double ouch!), and told him to leave the wrap on and to not get it wet for 3 days.
Dan wouldn't be Dan without coming right back to the studio to get back to work on the floor! His parents came in town tonight so that they could help us with things in the studio tomorrow, and Dan insisted that the floor needed to be done before they arrive. (The installation of the washer and dryer, part of our projects for tomorrow, is dependent on the floor being done.)
Oh Dan, I do love you so much, and I am very thankful for you doing the floor tonight....but PLEASE be careful with those fingers! I think we need to insure them for additional $$$!!!!! :) :) :)

No comments: