Friday, April 24, 2009

what would you choose?

As I was vigorously vacuuming my staircase at 10:45 tonight (I was also sweating and wishing I had downloaded music onto my iPod for this occasion) I was daydreaming about how nice it would be to have a housekeeper. (Back in the days that I had a "corporate job" and was pregnant, we had one, but it's not in our budget anymore.) I mean, I HATE cleaning. I was thinking, if I could choose ONE special thing to have every week, it would be that. And I started wondering what anyone else would pick.

Let's say there was a contest and YOU won and got to pick your prize.... COMPLETELY taken care of, paid for, done every week, what would it be?

a.) Massage
b.) Day At The Golf Course
c.) Dinner Out With Your Mate (Kid-Free)
d.) Housekeeper
e.) Manicure & Pedicure
f.) Personal Trainer

...or something else?

Mine would be D. Someone to scrub the sticker remnants off of my kitchen floor, to wipe the nose prints from my dogs off of the sliding glass door, to get the stains out of my carpet......so that when I walk in the door, I can breathe..... I can relax.... I can feel the calm that a clean home brings.... I can just be.

So I'm curious....... What would you choose? It sure is fun to daydream about. And it makes the vacuuming go faster. :) :) :) :)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!


5 comments:

Mama J said...

I would choose the personal trainer! You know me, I sort of like cleaning and would come do your house if I lived there :) I used to do your room anyway so you could play with me! ha ha ha
Mani/pedi sounds nice too as well as the kid free dinner! xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I promise, I picked "D" before I even read your entry. I can't tell you how many times I've wished for a merry maid =)

Sarah Gutierrez said...

I would, without a doubt, chose the housekeeper!! What a nice thing to daydream about. :)

april wason said...

Housecleaner for sure! My boss even tells me how important it is that I get one now... well, where is the raise?

april wason said...

Okay, this is even funnier now. My parents are staying at the house with the kids this weekend while we make a get away. I have been a cleaning machine the past couple of days!!