Thursday, April 2, 2009

no pants required

Dan and I learned a LOT about our business when we went to the class in Virginia last week. The biggest thing we discovered that needed change was the amount of time we spend on things. We are always frantically switching between designing albums, updating blogs, contacting clients, marketing materials, furnishing the studio, etc, etc, etc....all while our girls are also pulling our attention. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to believe that muli-tasking is not as productive as just concentrating and getting one thing after another thing DONE at a time. 

ANYWAY.......there is a POINT! It is that we came home with a new schedule to follow. No more working 7 days per week. We will kill each other and close our doors. Sundays are our day off. No excuses, no exceptions. Family time. Period. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, Dan and I work at the studio, taking appointments, and balancing Natalie's needs between us while Sammi is in school. On Tuesdays, I stay home with the girls and my JOB that day is to just be mom. Dan takes this role at home with the girls on Thursdays. The other person gets one solid uninterrupted day of work which is planned out ahead of time. Saturdays we are either shooting a wedding (grandparents watch the girls) or working in the studio with both girls. 

This week is our first attempt at our new schedule. On Tuesday I stayed home with the girls. We didn't do much...this summer I'd love to spend that day taking them to the pool or hanging out with other mommy friends of mine. I decided to put Natalie in the bouncy seat that hangs in a doorway and she loved it! Sam was being really sweet with her and we were having a good day, so I sent Dan the following photos to show him what we were up to...

Sammi loves to gently bounce Natalie in her new seat!
Natalie has to be held up by stuffing burp clothes down in the seat, but she loves it!
A little kiss for her sister. :)
I told Dan about the seat because I figured he would get a lot of use out of it on his first "daddy's day home", and he did! He sent me this photo this morning from his phone and put "No Pants Required" in the subject line. I'm not sure why, but Sam loves to take off her pants! What a funny girl!

No Pants Required  
Daddy had a great day at home with his girls today, and I got a ton done on my day at the office! So far, our schedule is working better than before but I do think we'll still want to find child care for Natalie very soon!!!! Step by step......please let me know if you know of any nannys looking for work in my area this summer or GOOD, affordable daycare! (We LOOOOOOOVE Sam's school but flat out cannot afford it for both girls!)

Love and Hugs!

2 comments:

Mama J said...

Your new schedule sounds awesome!!! I think you'll find yourself getting so much done on your Thursday (just stay away from FB!) Love the pics of the girls. Natalie is getting so big! So adorable! Miss and love you!!! XOXO

Sarah Gutierrez said...

I think the schedule is a great idea. Having quality time one on one with each parent is really important for the girls. Cute pictures!