Sunday, August 10, 2008

17 week update

I am happy to report that things are still pretty uneventful in this belly of mine! I feel some flutters here and there, but not too often. My nausea seems to be getting better as long as I eat every 2 hours (especially protein) and as long as I don't catch a whiff of something the slightest bit stinky. :) My nose seems to be more sensitive than ever before. I've thrown up twice from smelling things that would normally not bother me at all! Pregnancy is so weird!

My back has been so out of whack lately. I think everything shifts a lot when you're pregnant. I'm going sneak into the chiropractor tomorrow morning I hope. (They have a special pregnancy chair for me.) It's getting to the point tonight that I can't get around very well! Otherwise, things are great in the Brand house!

The baby is about 5 oz this week, the weight of a turnip. I've gained about 10 pounds so far and my belly continues to grow, although not quite as fast as it popped out at first. We are due for a belly photo.

Yesterday we went to Fort Wayne for Dan's 10 year high school reunion. We both had a great time---(I even know a few people, yea!)---and then got back to Dan's parents' house about 12:30 am. That was just enough time to get in bed for 3 hours before the alarm went off for Dan to catch a ride to the airport. 28 of his male relatives are going on a trip through the Grand Canyon this week. Everyday they will white water raft through the canyon, hike up the canyon to sight-see, and the camp out each night in sleeping bags under the stars. I cannot WAIT to hear all about it and see photos! I am so happy he has this opportunity! A special thanks to Kathe for taking care of Sammi and me today and cooking us lunch before coming home!

Dan will get back Thursday night/Friday morning around 2 am, just in time to catch a few zzzs before heading to my brother's rehearsal dinner & wedding! Sammi and I will have a girls week here together. She'll be in her new classroom at school a few days while I get work at the office done. In the evenings we'll try to get some projects done around the house to surprise Dan when he gets home. :) My parents are in town this week (they stay at their new house now that it's done) and will be in and out to help me with anything we need while Dan is away. :) Thanks to them tonight for coming over to help me get the house in order after a crazy packing frenzy prior to leaving!

You'll definitely get a baby update in 16 days if not before...that day we will rejoice with the words "We're having a _________!" Yea!

Love and Hugs!

No comments: