Sunday, August 17, 2008

my week without dan

I was a little nervous about Sammi starting in a new classroom the same week her daddy was away. I worried it would be too much change for her. I also changed her school schedule for the week so that she could spend her entire Friday with her daddy instead of in school upon his return. So...she went to school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday without a day off! I should have known she'd adapt PERFECTLY!!!! She was shy when I dropped her off the first day but all three days when I picked her up, she literally cried because she didn't want to leave! I feel so blessed to send her to in a place that she loves so much and learns so much! In this classroom they are working on colors, the alphabet, and counting numbers. I imagine she'll be doing all of that very soon! It's amazing!

On her third day of school my parents picked her up for me and this is how she looked when she came home! The girls at school decided she needed a new style!!! :) Here are a few photos of her playing with grandpa at their new house...(I still need to do a post on their house!!!)


Sammi LOVED hanging out with her grandma and grandpa last week! We spent a couple of evenings with them and they also took her the entire day Thursday and Friday morning to let me get lots of work and errands done!!! They helped me out SO MUCH through the week and allowed me to have so much time to get things done. Thank you so much, mom and dad! You're the best!


My week without Dan went fast. I spent everyday at the office getting a ton of work done, which was so rewarding! Somehow I also managed to get our house clean, run about 1,000 errands, a couple of projects done around the house, cook real meals, and get in bed early every night! I'm not sure why I got so much done (or, why I don't get as much done when he's here), but I was READY for him to come back!!! I missed him a lot! I also felt a lot better this week. I think that may have a lot to do with getting so much sleep. I'm going to try to do that more often from now on.

Their flight Thursday night, which was already a late flight, was delayed. By the time he and his dad, Orlie, got to our house Thurs night it was 3:30 in the morning! Needless to say, none of us got much sleep that night! It was exciting to catch up with Dan when he got home. I didn't talk to him at all on the trip because they didn't get reception in the Grand Canyon! Dan felt like he'd been away for a long time. He said when he got home that my belly was a lot bigger, Sammi's vocabulary was a lot better (she is saying so many words I can't even begin to count!), and the studio was so much more complete! We had a meeting about our new studio space the next morning and somehow we all managed to stay awake through it. :) It is coming along fast and it is getting so exciting!

Danny, I'm so glad to have you home! Sammi and I got a lot done but we missed you! I love you!!!

No comments: