Wednesday, August 27, 2008

it's a....

GIRL!!!! And this is the news from Dan...

It came as quite a shock to me! Going into the appointment I was 99% convinced it was going to be a boy. Neither one of us really cared what we have, in all honesty, but
I just had that gut feeling this was a boy. We asked the Ultrasound Tech to write the gender on a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope so we could open it during lunch. While she was doing her thing she panned across the "zone" and I swore I saw a definitive sign, if you know what I mean. I didn't want to ruin the surprise for Brooke so I kept my mouth shut. Now I was 100% sure it is a boy. Then the U/S tech pointed out the umbilical cord. Was that what I saw? Couldn't be. I know it is a boy. So we finish our appointment, the tech puts the photographic proof in the envelope and we head off to a few meetings and then lunch, The Cheesecake Factory. We ordered our food and then tore open the envelope. "Don't forget to look surprised when it says boy," I thought. It's a... it's a... GIRL?! Wait, what?! Check again. Even with the proof in front of me I don't believe it. My jaw drops to the floor and all of a sudden it hits me. It's a girl! That means, two tea party schedules, two boyfriend related set of issues, two weddings! Do you have any idea what weddings cost these days! But it also means two daddy's little girls, two little sweethearts, two beautiful little ladies, two little souls I am madly in love with, and a million other great things girls bring that I'm too shocked right now to think of!

I am slowly getting used to the idea of being completely outnumbered in my home. Anyone who has multiple daughters please email the meeting info for your support group. I'm going to need some help!



And an extra note from Brooke...

We truly feel so blessed to be having a healthy baby & appreciate all of your support and prayers for us! We didn't even get into the studio today (running around working on construction stuff), so we don't have a scanner to put the ultrasound photos up yet, but we will tomorrow!!!!

Love and Hugs, and baby girls!!!!

Dan, Brooke, Samantha, and SLS (Sammi's Little Sis) :) :) :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!
OMG when I saw the picture of Dan's face I think I almost went in my pants I was laughing so hard. Then reading what he wrote, OMG. LOL Dan you are going to be ok. LOL I know this little girl is going to have you wrapped just as tight as Sammie does. LOL You two are too darn cute. I guess all I can say now is "I cant wait to see the new little brand girl". GOD BLESS
Richey, Jacole, Cody, and Kelsey Conley

The Clark Family said...

Congrats Brooke (and Dan)! Brooke I think our husbands should start a club. Greg is a tad overwhelmed by two girls.

Jackie said...

Congratulations to both of you! We are so excited for you and I am especially excited for Sammi - - I always wanted a little sister. Dan you are so lucky to have two little "daddy's girls!!!"

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats guys! I am soo happy for you! I was for sure it was a boy.. but BOY was I wrong!! I'm very excited for Sammi to have a little sister! You guys are great parents and I know this little gal will be LOVED LOTS AND LOTS by many!!

CONGRATS!!!!
Kels

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys! Now our little boy has a little girl to chase after :) Watch out Dan!
xoxo Jessie & Bryan

Anonymous said...

Woooooohhhhoooooooo! How flipping exciting! We have been thinking of you two all day! Dan, don't worry - Tim and I are totally up for going to Indiana and being unsuspecting spies at local restaurants and movies when the girls start dating (when they're 65 years old, of course). Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeee!

And, for the record, I voted for a girl :)

lots and lots of hugs,
mo and tim

Bridget and Andy said...

Congratulations, Dan and Brooke!! My dad survived having 3 daughters and now is being rewarded with 4 grandsons :) If this little girl is half as cute as Samantha, you are going to have a couple of heart-breakers! Great seeing you both last weekend and hope to see you again soon!