Sunday, August 24, 2008

love is the killer app


I am posting this blog to be held accountable. For years I have said that I need to read more. Actually, saying I need to read would be more accurate. Every New Year celebration this is a goal. Every Christmas I ask for good books to get me motivated. But, what I end up reading is emails, Facebook, websites, blogs, and sometimes, magazines. Or, by the time I finally crawl in bed sleep sounds much more appealing.

On Thursday evening Dan and I attended a seminar by David Jay, a wonderful, famous, photographer known not only for his photography but for his speaking ability, his relationships, and his products invented to help photographers succeed. The seminar was awesome. We are always looking for ways to grow and learn, and this one was a great one.

Back to the point of my post... David Jay was the first person who said something many people have said to me before, but this time it really opened my eyes. It was this: "The difference between who you are today and who you'll be in 5 years is the people you surround yourself with and the books that you read." Today Dan and I went to Borders and bought two books that he reccommended for small business owners. The first one I am going to read is called "Love is the Killer App" by Tim Sanders.

If it takes me a year, I will read this book. I will not be distracted by other "more interesting" things, including sleep. So.....next time you see me, ask me how the book is so far!!! I'm off to read my first chapter. :) Goodnight!

1 comment:

|| davidjay || said...

Thanks for the wonderful post!

Love is the Killer App is incredible! I guarantee you will read it and start giving copies away! This book will change your world!