Thursday, July 2, 2009

natalie has a tooth

Little Miss Natalie is almost 6 months old now!!! I have so many posts I'd like to do, but haven't had time lately. Today has been productive and I'm ready to head out the door for our 2009 Brand Family Reunion in Fort Wayne, so I thought it would be quick and easy to do a little post on Natalie's recent milestones before I jump in the car...

-She has a tooth!!! That's right! Her bottom left front tooth has popped through. It was actually very uneventful, in the best way possible! One evening Dan was holding her and she started chewing on his finger.... "She has a tooth!" Very different experience than the months and months of drooling and late nights with Sam! :) Hopefully the rest will be just as easy! (Doubtful!) :)

-She's COMPLETELY OFF her reflux medicine! YAY! We talked to the doctor about it because she seemed to be spitting up so much less and it's just plain expensive. Dr. Rupp said the only way to know how she'll do is to try it, so we did and she's doing awesome!!!!

-She's thinning out a lot and still looks a lot like her sister. :) Can you tell who is who?

-She still sits up pretty well but needs supervision. She only rolls front to back and not often.

-She is eating baby food! She's been doing cereal with a vegetable every night and she LOVES to eat! She's had sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, and green beans and loves them all! Every 4-5 days we try something new!

-Turns out she's our quiet baby (when she's happy). She likes to watch other people, especially her sister, and likes being talked to. She smiles a ton and is ticklish right under her chin.

-She sleeps through the night almost every night, from about 8-9pm until 7-8am. YAY for sleep!!! She does have to be swaddled, and I'm a little nervous about making the transition soon!

I'm all out of time for today but more posts soon! We have lots of photos and videos that I need to go through and catch up on! :) And for the record, Dan and I can tell the girls' photos apart, but mostly because the quality, processing, color, and finishing of our photography is so much better than it was 2 years ago! :)

1 Natalie
2 Samantha
3 Natalie
4 Samantha
5 Natalie
6 Samantha

Happy Holiday Weekend to Everyone!!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Gutierrez said...

Number 4 & 5 look like the same baby!! I can't believe how much they look alike. They are both so pretty. :)

Mamabaer said...

Brooke,
I hadn't checked out your blog in a while. The girls are so cute and I agree that #4 & 5 look like the same one. same expression and everything.
My daughter thinks I am weird for following your blog, being a perfect stranger and all. She thinks it would creep you out. I hope you don't mind. I just felt a connection with Sammi having the same birthday and all and I love your and Dan's photo's. I promise I am not some kind of psycho stalker. LOL It almost sounds like it doesn't it. Anyway if you feel in any way threatend please let me know. Keep up the good work with your girls. They are precious.
God Bless.
Nancy

Mama J said...

They look so much alike but I do think that Natalie looks more like her daddy! Have fun in FW and enjoy your holiday weekend! Yay on Natalie's tooth too!
Love you guys! xoxo

BROOKE said...

Nancy, you are so funny!!! I love that you follow our blog!!! You are too cute. :)

Miss Isabella said...

Brooke! Oh they are growing up so fast! I actually surprisingly got all the number matching right!! It looks like you had a wonderful Fourth!
Can't wait to see you in a few weeks if that works!
Hugs!