Friday, October 30, 2009

the library


A few days ago I got our property tax bill, which had a fee for the library on it. I always kind of thought we should go check out the library, and once I saw how much we actually pay for it, I decided it was time to get going! :) Nothing like utilizing the "free" services in your area! :) We had a good time, but since the trip 2 days ago, Samantha has ripped a page out of one book and colored in another one...I think it may be a little early for unsupervised library-book-reading (she never does that to her own books --???) but trips to the library are certainly fun & we'll be doing it a lot this winter! 

Getting ready to go in... (excuse the phone photos....great for a phone but not great compared to a camera!)

Sammi loved opening the doors.

She also loved hanging out in the lounge & looking at all the Halloween artwork.

The library has computers made just for kids 6 and under full of games. Sam totally gets what she is supposed to do, but gets frustrated trying to move the mouse and click and the same time. Soon she will be more advanced than me! :)

Showing off her 10 books and 1 movie (Little Mermaid)! She now wants to be a mermaid for Halloween. Maybe next year... :)

The library is great and has enough books to last us a long, LONG time!!! We will be going back a lot!

1 comment:

Sarah Gutierrez said...

The library is one of our most favorite places. I bet if you check they have special story and craft times for the kids. Ours does and Elijah loves it!

p.s. I left you a little surprise on my blog. :)