Saturday, December 6, 2008

big girl bed

Because we were getting carpet in our offices on Thursday Sammi and I worked from home that day. Although we haven't decorated her room at all, we did set up the bed, chair, and night stand last weekend, so I thought Thursday's nap would be a perfect time to test her new BIG GIRL BED. Um, yeah, NO. For about 30 minutes she looked terrified to be in this new room and me laying in bed with her, singing to her, reading her books, and cuddling made no positive impact. I received big tears and big frowns until I finally gave up and put her in her crib. 

On Friday night I was busy baking in the kitchen for a party Saturday so Dan took Sammi up to put her in bed without me. I thought I heard him upstairs a couple of times saying "No, no, Sammi, it's time to get back in bed and go night night." I laughed wondering how long he would attempt the new bed. 

In no time at all, Dan was back downstairs telling me that Sammi was sound asleep in her new bed. SERIOUSLY? I mean, I'm so happy....but why not for me the day before?! I guess daddy just has the magic touch!!! 

We snuck in to take photos of her after we were sure she was in a deep sleep... we didn't even see her when we first walked in!!! She had pushed all of the "real" blankets off the bed and was sleeping in a sea of animals and books and toys!
Dan had not only had her favorite stuffed animals with her (like I had too) :) but also had several toys in bed with her. 
She slept the entire night in her new bed. She only woke up one time around 1:30 for a few seconds, grumbled a bit, rolled over with her blanket, and went back to sleep. At 7:00 she woke up as usual! I usually let her play in her crib until 7:30 or 8:00 but today I went right in to get her. She was just sitting up in her bed, proud and happy!
She was excited to see her daddy too so she grabbed her hippo and ran out the door to go wake him up. 
I'm so proud of my little peanut! She had a nap in her bed today which went great. Tonight she went to bed just fine too, and stayed in bed until she fell asleep... although it did take her a long time to fall asleep! I'm amazed she didn't try to get out of bed! (And she can get out herself...she did a couple of times just to grab a stuffed animal that had fallen out and then she jumped right back in!) We'll see if she continues to have good nights in her new bed....I hope so!!! 

Now we just have to get her room decorated...

No comments: